Power distribution networks are the final stage in the delivery of electric power, carrying electricity from the transmission system into homes and businesses.
Distribution Network Operators (DNOs) are the companies that own and operate all aspects of the power network including towers and cables.
The UK power distribution sector is owned by seven regionally based Distribution Network Operators (DNOs), they are:
- Electricity North West
- ESB Networks
- Northern Ireland Electricity
- Northern Powergrid
- SP Energy Networks
- SSE Power Distribution
- UK Power Networks (UKPN)
- Western Power Distribution (WPD)
There are also seven Independent Distribution Network Operators (IDNO’s), they are:
- Energetics Electricity Limited
- ESP Electricity Limited
- Harlaxton Energy Networks Limited
- Independent Power Networks Limited
- Peel Electricity Network Limited
- The Electricity Network Company Limited
- UK Power Networks (IDNO) Ltd
- Utility Assets Limited
Jointing Technologies is the UK’s leading distributor of power cable accessories across the power distribution sector, supplying an extensive range of products directly to DNO’s and IDNO’s as well as via Power Contractors who work on the networks.
The Jointing Tech range of specialist products into the power distribution market includes:
- 3M medium voltage (MV) joints and terminations at 11kV,33kV and 66kV
- 3M tapes and general consumable products
- ABB medium voltage (MV) joints and terminations at 11kV,33kV and 66kV
- ABB surge arrestors at 11kV and 33kV
- Furse Earthing
- Polywater pulling lubricants and wipes
- Prysmian cable cleats
- Raychem mechanical connectors
- Raychem medium voltage (MV) joints and terminations at 11kV,33kV and 66kV
- Raychem surge arrestors at 11kV and 33kV
Distribution Network Operator (DNO) Companies
Whatever your power distribution project needs, contact your local sales office today for project support!
Jointing Technologies is part of Toolout Limited.
© Toolout Limited. All rights reserved. Registered in England. Company Number 2281668